tv-multi region dvd combo

If they want to 'lose interest', then that is their loss!
No, you misunderstand the situation. If the experts lose interest, it's the questioner's loss. We gain nothing by giving our expertise for free, other than a feeling of satisfaction if we can help and the recipient is grateful, so we lose nothing by not giving it.

I, for one, have plenty of work that will actually earn me money.

Sponsored Links
If they want to 'lose interest', then that is their loss!
No, you misunderstand the situation. If the experts lose interest, it's the questioner's loss. We gain nothing by giving our expertise for free, other than a feeling of satisfaction if we can help and the recipient is grateful, so we lose nothing by not giving it.

I, for one, have plenty of work that will actually earn me money.
Sadly if the experts lose interest, it is indeed the OP's loss...

But that doesn't mean the expert should just patronise the OP!

I'm sure I could patronise you and Chris in a particular field I happen to know very well.

But I wouldn't do that since we all need a bit of help sometimes... ;)

Ok then. I received my Australian region 4 dvd today.

Naturally it worked on my own multi region player.

I then tried it on a friend's region 2 BLU RAY player. Unfortunately it didn't work. Is there any possibility it MAY play on my parents regular region 2 player?

There was also some talk about re-encoding/burning the disc as region free, albeit with some loss of picture quality.

I don't imagine I can do this myself, is there any such place that would be prepared to do this for me?

Sponsored Links
I doubt anyone would offer such a service, since it would be illegal. I know DRM is stupid as far as you're concerned because you paid for the disc but that's the way it is. I've personally had good results using "MacTheRipper" (free) OSX software. I use it only because I like to watch movies on my iPhone while I'm away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back