Two Lights, Two Double Switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice if poss please.
I`ve converted our kitchen and dining rooms into one kitchen/diner and now I want to have the two room lights operated from 2 double switches, (one at each of the entrance's to the room).
We may want to use either the kitchen half or dining half of the room at any one time so I want to be able to switch on one or both of the lights from either switch when entering the room from either end (there is an entrance at each end).
The wiring is still in place for the two room lights and switches as they were, with the original single switch at each end of the room.
Can anyone advise on how I wire this circuit up?
Any advice welcomed.
Thanks, Mike

Sponsored Links
just run two runs of 3+E cable between the switchpositions and treat it as two completely seperate two way swithing setups.

diagrams on how to do two way switching can be found in the for reference thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back