Tying in brickwork

Don't mind plastic pipe- per metre it is cheap & takes a lot of the hard work out of plumbing. Burying the fittings is unwise- encountered 3 failures in the last few years (all due to incorrect installation to be fair, not by me I hasten to add), problem was the leaks didn't start until a year or so after fitting. All the soldered and compression stuff I've ever done has either leaked instantly or been fine.

Sponsored Links
You cannot go wrong with a plastic fittings combined with copper pipe unless you dismantle the fitting and reassemle incorrectly but why you would ever do that is beyond me.
Most problems I have seen with plastic pipe is not treating the pipe with care. If the end of the pipe is unmarked , has an insert fitted and is pushed in the correct distance one will have no problems at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back