unblocking washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, our ariston washing machine has just developeda leak. the water appears to be gushing from the detergent tray. this has happened before and i resolved it by giving the tray a good clean out, but ive tried that and its not working this time. the only thing i can think this time is that the pipe from the tray down into the drum is becoming blocked and the water is backing up.

does anyone know how i can unblock it? im guessing that it wouldnt be a good idea to use chemical drain cleaners.

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Remove the lid and you can gain access (all be it a tight fit) to the dispenser hose, give it a few squeezes and see if you can feel a build up of un-disolved wash powder if so that and flushing through with some warm water may clear it.
On some you have enough room to remove it and clean it without taking the dispenser out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back