under floor insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any advice on insulation suitable for traditional wooden floors in old properties? What I was planning to do was go under the floor & put insulation between the joists. So far so good?
The issue seems to be trying to find a suitable product. I really don't want to be in a confined space using that horrible fluffy fibreglass stuff so am looking for a suitable alternative that is easy to attach (hopefully with a staplegun) and won't cause the wood to rot. I have located airtec that is basically bubble-wrap sandwiched between tin foil but it is mainly marketed for lofts and I'm sure there must be a reason for this. I'm looking for something about 400mm wide to fit between the joists hopefully with the minimum of cuting. Has anyone used this kind of insulation for floors before and if so is it OK?
Thanks in advance for any feedback

Sponsored Links
On mine, the architect/council said polystyrene between the joists was acceptable.
Nice and easy to cut from the 8 x 4 sheets.
Numerous easy ways of strapping it in place from below. ;)

Celotex........far superior insulation properties to poly ;)Strap it :?: ..cut and wedge ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back