underfloor heating temperature difference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey folks,

Can anyone tell me what is the expected temp' difference
between the flow and return in an underfloor system.

The loop length is about 89m.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
So many variables
How close are the loops
Is the pipe insulated to the room
What is the floor construction
What is the heat loss in that room
Pump speed

The temp diff will be all over the place on heat up, set back and constant.

On a 89m run I am guessing you have the flow meter open almost fully.

Are you having any particular probs with the ufh
Pete

That seems like a very long loop!

Even with a maximum pump heat you will probably have an unecessarily high differential.

I would suggest about 10°C might be typical but I encounter a very wide variation.

Tony

Sorry guys for not getting back sooner but I've been away.

Anyway this is a new installation (the floors aren't down yet) and I was just wondering about this for the comissioning.

There are 11 zones and some of the zones have 2 loops of 80(ish) m. The tails are all insulated, the floor is screed and the loops are a minimum of 200mm apart. I dare say the pump speed will be set at the comissioning stage.

I expect a 10 degree difference between the manifolds would but reasonable then.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys for not getting back sooner but I've been away.

Anyway this is a new installation (the floors aren't down yet) and I was just wondering about this for the comissioning.

There are 11 zones and some of the zones have 2 loops of 80(ish) m. The tails are all insulated, the floor is screed and the loops are a minimum of 200mm apart. I dare say the pump speed will be set at the comissioning stage.

I expect a 10 degree difference between the manifolds would but reasonable then.

Thanks again.

Is it a John Guest Speed fit system? If so give them a call, they do surveys, commissioning etc all for free. If you have any problems its best to sort them now before the screed goes in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back