Undersized doors (again)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a slightly different problem, I think, than has been on here. Having 3 new doors fitted upstairs, they are moulded doors with 6 panels. On 2 of the bedrooms there is a gap of about 2.5 inches, there are no carpets fitted yet. The carpenter tells me that he will add a piece to the bottom of the doors, when the carpet is fitted, which will be screwed and glued. He assures me they will not split and will be unnoticeable. He says he cannot get longer doors because they will be too wide. I think I need someones advice please

Sponsored Links
Hi Wabbitpoo I am not at the property at the moment, it is my inlaws, but the door in situ is a 78 x 30. The width is fine it needs a longer door. cheers

Would have been easier and less obvious to drop the head by adding a 2" timber to the top allowing the 1/2" to accommodate the carpet /underlay.

Sponsored Links
Would have been easier and less obvious to drop the head by adding a 2" timber to the top allowing the 1/2" to accommodate the carpet /underlay.

Wouldn't it be more obvious at the top of the door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back