Unusual damp advice on possible causes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could possibly throw a couple of suggestions at me as to the cause of damp in one corner of my room. The room is located at the back left of the house and on the corner of the house there has always been damp.

A few months ago we had a section of the roof above it removed because a rip in the felt was causing a leak to come through the light in the room. In the corner of the room there seems to be damp coming up from the skirting board. I wasnt too worried about it until I saw surface water on the skirting board and now a bubbly white mucas has started growing.

Does anyone have any idea as to what any possible cause could be. Any suggestions would be of help so I can pass them along.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help

Sponsored Links
Guttering overflowing at corner due to poor install, blockage,guttering short of roof line allowing flow down wall, missing/broken roof tile, missing damaged/ flashing.? could be any or combination of many faults.

Sponsored Links
What you are describing seems like condensation dampness not penetrating dampness

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back