Upgrading of the central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Cantral heating system is in a deplorable state. It's time for modifications. Unfortunately, the total replacement of the question insufficient budget.
The idea is to buy all the parts and replacement at the beginning of autumn this year.

Boiler has over 12 years. Near all single radiators with a very strange bleeding valve. No thermostatic radiator valves in the system.

So I already have new Worcester GreenStar Junior 24kW boiler. I need to buy a programmable thermostat and flue. In addition, the plan is to exchange a few Radiators with Thermostatic Radiator Valve

I have the following questions:
- How can you protect a new boiler or MagCleaner enough?
- Is the programmable thermostat has to be Worcester (receiver and transmitter) or may be from another company?
- Installation in several places is made of a bent copper 8mm pipe. Can I straighten it somehow or just replace?
- What is necessary and what is an unnecessary expense? (fluids, valves, tanks)
- Boiler will be moved from the bedroom down to the kitchen where he once was (the previous owner moved boiler). What may be the approximately cost of installation in the kitchen and replacement the gas pipe from 15mm to 22mm (about 2 meters)

regards
martin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back