upper cabinet height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
finally started to get the kitchen back together ( after it being set up camp style in the spare room for 2 years...), and I think I've made a bit of a boob...

I set my upper cabinet ( only 1 up so far ) at 600mm above the counter height..
with a slightly sloping floor, the counter height at this end is about 920mm affl..
so that puts the bottom of the upper cabinets at 1520.. this looks too high, but it's the same set up as at mothers house ( albeit 20mm lower due to the floor ), and it looks fine there..
maybe it's because the doors are not on and there is no pelmet or cornice on it..

Sponsored Links
If you had a tall larder unit (1920mm high) and wanted the top to line up with the top of your upper cupboards (720mm high) then the gap from the top of the base units (also 720mm high) would be 480mm (not including the worktop). That's how it is in my kitchen anyway.

cheers for that.. set them at 510 in the end.. no larders to match up to ( though they do come with adjustable feet so you could set the top a little higher or lower to suit.. )..

allowed an extra 10mm for silicone and grout lines on 200x250 tiles..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back