Upstairs bathroom flooring dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Currently renovating a large upstairs bathroom & looking at options for the finished flooring. Previously it was tiled but many of them had lifted presumably due to movement (bounce) in the floor and/or not using flexible adhesive?

I've been looking at waterproof laminate, does anyone have any experience of this?

Tiles are still an option but worried there's just too much bounce in the floor structure.

Alternatively I was thinking purely tongue & groove pine floorboards as the finished flooring, but not sure if this is feasible due to it being a bathroom? Is this feasible, and if so would I need to put something underneath them or use a particular varnish or sealer?

Thank in advance

Sponsored Links
If the floor was concrete or built ridiculously strong with wood I'd consider tiles, otherwise I'd never have anything other than vinyl in a bathroom.

I have varnished hardwood ply that looks quite nice

but footsteps are noisy

this floor has no mineral wool underneath it in case of water leaks.

cushioned vinyl would be quieter.

Sponsored Links
Solid wood bamboo, have had it my bathroom last few years, before that had walnut.(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back