UPVC Door Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Glass door panel fell off after just about 2 months moving into a rented property. The glass is intact, the whole bit was stuck with a sticky tape. Can you please suggest how can i fix it . Do i need some sort of strong of glue or some string sticky stuff

Thanks

Please check out the images

Sponsored Links
Easy to fix.

CALL THE LANDLORD

Actually the property agency came for routine inspection few days ago and according to them I should get it fixed, wheras its not my fault , I didnt break it it fell off by itself, i was lucky no one was hurt when it fell down

Tell them where to go.
Unless you have lived in a rented property for 7 years it is their problem.

Sponsored Links
Tell them where to go.
Unless you have lived in a rented property for 7 years it is their problem.

Does it make a difference that i signed a contract which says I am responsible for replacing broken glasses etc.

Is it some sort of law what you mentioned? Thanks

Does it make a difference that i signed a contract which says I am responsible for replacing broken glasses etc.
That isn't broken glass - it's the door and sealed glazing unit falling to bits because it was broken in the past and someone has tried to repair it using completely inappropriate materials and methods.
You cannot fix that yourself.

The pictures:

flameport";p="2097970 said:
That isn't broken glass - it's the door and sealed glazing unit falling to bits because it was broken in the past and someone has tried to repair it using completely inappropriate materials and methods.
You cannot fix that yourself.

Thanks for your comments. You have a point there and I will get back to the agents , they are trying to pass the back onto me, since the landlord is their client they are trying to protect his interests. You are absolutely right there is no broken glass.
So how is it originally fixed to the door , using some kind of sealant ? So someone used a double sided tape to fix it which obviously over the time lost its sticking power. Had my daughter or some been near to it , someone couldve hurt , can i tell them that in that case i wouldve held them responsible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back