UPVC door window beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a UPVC door delivered, without the glass fitted. I was told, when fitting the glass, to place the top and bottom beading in first and then the longer vertical side pieces. Here lies the problem. I have tried, but failed miserably, to get the vertical pieces in, but cannot do it. The manufacturers told me it was a simple job, but it's obviously way too 'simple' for me.
Anybody got some tips or suggestions or inside knowledge? Failing that, I'm surrey based and will pay cash to somebody willing to fit these 8 pieces of beading (top half of door is glass, bottom half is a panel).
Please help....

Thanks
Ged..

Sponsored Links
Can you post a picture of the bead it will help to advise you what to do need a view across the section to see type. also are the frames pre gasketed,

Hi, I can't seem to upload any pics at the moment...

The beading has a tiny strip of rubber seal along it and its an angled piece of plastic that has to go under the glass and clip to the door. I was told by the manufacturer, to bend and twist it in the middle to achieve the alignment, taking care not to kink it..??? Sorry, does that make any sense??

Rgds
Ged..

Try locating both corners of the trim first & working towards the centre. Use a hardwood mallet or hammer & a piece of soft timber & the trim should pop in; but don't overdo it!

Sponsored Links
Try locating both corners of the trim first & working towards the centre. Use a hardwood mallet or hammer & a piece of soft timber & the trim should pop in; but don't overdo it!

Thanks, I'll give it another go. I was told that if I cut a small notch into the bit that clips into the frame it might be easier. I'll post another reply later, if I'm successful, or maybe you'll here me scream if I'm not!!!

Many thanks,

Ged..

Still no luck with the window bead/trim... Is there anyone in the Surrey area who'd be willing to pop by and sort this out for me? Obviously, I'll pay a nice drink for whoever solves it.

Thanks

Ged

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back