UPVC Fascias what type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am arranging quotes for new UPVC fascias;gutters and dry verge, can anyone recommend the best make / type. What is the difference between Square edge and Bullnose. Should I chose Square or Bullnose? Some of the quotes say that the old timber barge boards may not need replacing, but have been on the house since 1971. Putting new fascia over old timber does not sit well with me.
There are no external type soffits on the property.The existing barge boards sit flat to the brickwork and the final gutter tiles rest on top.
Regards.
Tinpan.

Sponsored Links
Maybe post some pics of the roof(s) and elevations.

Also if you read up on the search facility you will find masses of info and pics ref similar questions.

Have all the wood removed. You can get the felt edge sorted at the same time as it will need doing. Bullnose doesn't look good on some types of houses, as he said can you post a picture?

Personally I don't like bullnose I prefer the square edge, bullnose is dearer and doesn't look as good IMO, I would say never let them leave the old wood behind, no matter bs you get fed :mrgreen: , book time off or get someone to watch the installation too. GAP/homeline, eurocell, swish, kestrel are all good products. Ask them how they plan on fitting the dry verges too and get them to put it in writing. There are lots of shortcuts in that trade

Sponsored Links
Personally I don't like bullnose I prefer the square edge, bullnose is dearer and doesn't look as good IMO, I would say never let them leave the old wood behind, no matter bs you get fed :mrgreen: , book time off or get someone to watch the installation too. GAP/homeline, eurocell, swish, kestrel are all good products. Ask them how they plan on fitting the dry verges too and get them to put it in writing. There are lots of shortcuts in that trade

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back