upvc wall panelling for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a fairly small bathroom, after having my shower taken out and a bath installed (by a family friend who is a builder) that was a really botched job, i have lots of broken tiles and also tiles with holes in them so am having to redo my bathroom. i have been looking at this upvc panelling and wondered if anyone could reccomend it. hopefully my dad will come and help fit it.

plus wanted to know the kind of cost involved is it more expensive than tilling. i also feel im having abit of a blonde moment , my bathroom is roughly 6ft by 7ft (small i know lol) looked at this website dumaplact pvc panelling who sell the stuff by the pack (just a plain white one). it asked room length and width and advised 2 packs totallin £70 plus delivery ,im thinking ive done somethin wrong here as that is way cheaper than i thought it was (which usual means ,when it comes to diy, that im looking at the wrong thing)

any help would be greatly appreciated ????

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean 6 ft long by 7 ft wide?

If so you can't know how much panneling you will need. You need to know the height of the room as well.

thats exactly what i thought, yes its width and length of the room, the website asks for these details to give a quote on how many packs i need, but doesnt ask for the height ??????? it seems abit odd

Sponsored Links
If you've used the calculator based on a site such as this one then they are in error.

A 6 by 7 foot room (say 1.8 by 2.1m room) has an floor area of 3.8 sq metres, which is where they get their 2 packs needed from, which may well be interesting, but of no real use. (suspect their calculator comes from them being a flooring company :rolleyes: )

Assuming your room is under 2.6 metres tall (which is about 8 and a half feet), then each pack will give you 1 metre width worth of panel.

Assuming you have 4 walls ;) then the perimeter is about 1.8 + 2.1 + 1.8 + 2.1 = 7.8 metres. Take off the width of the door (about 80 cm) and any area for the window, then 7 packs will do it, although 8 would be safer and allows for any miscuts. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back