Urgent Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My triton LP shower has started to leak round the back. I've discovered this is related to the fitment of our combi unit which means the shower needs a new HP catridge. I've ordered one and engineer to fit it from Triton but they can't come out for over a week. The problem I have right now is to stop the water leaking out of the back of the unit I've had to turn the main off. There are no obvious isolation valves at the shower and I have a very ill wife at home with now no heating / water. Can anyone give me a starter for ten as to how to isolate the shower, or temporarily stop it leaking when i put the mains back on? Any help would be really welcomed.

thanks in advance, Kevin.

Sponsored Links
hi if the shower is surface fixed and the chrome nuts are on show then remove the shower comptetley and fix 2 15mm ballofix valves onto the nuts to the shower valve and turn off the 2 valves then you can turn the water back on

I meant ot say its a surface mounted Triton LP Mixer and it looks like the feed come out of the wall and into the either side of what I would call the main valve. Therefore whilst it might leak it looks like nothing is going down the back of the wall - any thoughts? I know I'm not giving you a comprehensive / coherent picture but I'm running around like a headless chicken at the moment,...

regards, Kevin

hi if the shower is surface fixed and the chrome nuts are on show then remove the shower comptetley and fix 2 15mm ballofix valves onto the nuts to the shower valve and turn off the 2 valves then you can turn the water back on

Right ok, I will take a pitcure of the unit and post it up as I'm not entirely sure what bits I should look at. As for the bits will I get them from B&Q?

Off to get the camera.

regards, kevin.

Sponsored Links
Hi it looks like you will need to dig out the white grout around where it goes into the wall you can just see the brass nuts to the shower and if you are carefull you should be able to undo them both then as i said get 2 ballofix valves yes they are available at b/q the brass nuts left in the wall should fit the end of the ballofix valve

Follow the pipe work from behind and see if you have isolation valves fitted.
If not now would be a good time to install them. Go for full bore lever valves to ensure optimum flow rates esp from a combi.

Pete

Hi it looks like you will need to dig out the white grout around where it goes into the wall you can just see the brass nuts to the shower and if you are carefull you should be able to undo them both then as i said get 2 ballofix valves yes they are available at b/q the brass nuts left in the wall should fit the end of the ballofix valve

Ah yes they are just visible, probably enough to get a spanner onto them. Right here goes nothing, maybe I'll go to B&Q first and get the parts!

regards, Kevin.

Ok after visiting B&Q and picking up the parts came home and started, you can see the shower unit now sits in the sink!, bits and bobs on the chair and finally the incoming pipes with the new valves. So far so good as there is no leaks, yet - I'm not optimistic.

We'll see if my handy work holds on but the main thing is we have water and heating back on and for that I'm grateful to gasmick2 in particular. The missus is grateful too.

kind regards, Kevin.

well done kevin its good to know alls turned out ok i have done a few in the last 35 years, at least you have all the things working again,
i wish sometimes
everyone could post pics as its a great help to other engineers on the forum to help where we can nice one

mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back