Urgent Screed Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys - got some screed coming tomorrow, but now I've finished up the insulation and revealed the existing floor I'm a bit lower than I anticipated. To get to same floor height is just under 100mm. I knew it would be high, but thought more like 85mm

Concrete company reckon their screed will be okay, but I just wondered if I'd be alright putting some 25mm PIR on top of the existing insulation (120mm PIR).

Another alternative would be to come low and top it up with a liquid screed/self levelling compound after I guess.

Or am I over thinking as usual and should I just crack on? Concrete company said just to keep a light mist of water on top and doors and windows closed

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
100mm screed can be fine if that’s the question? I’ve laid 100mm sand cement screed before.
Don’t go for having to top up 30mm of slc/sls, that’ll be really costly

+ yeah adding more insulation should also be fine but again at a cost

100mm screed can be fine if that’s the question? I’ve laid 100mm sand cement screed before.
Don’t go for having to top up 30mm of slc/sls, that’ll be really costly

+ yeah adding more insulation should also be fine but again at a cost

Over thinking as ever! 100mm screed it is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back