USB 2 DVR runnning with Swan 2.4ghz camera prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had this Swan night hawk wireless camera and receiver for over a year now and never got round to seeting it up till last weekend.
The cam is good quality and good reception in the house when connected via a scar to the back of the T.V - well impressed at the night vision too.

I need this to run through my computer, so looked around at DVR cards PCI - was going to buy one but then came across an external USB DVR unit with software 50 FPS. I thought for £60 that's bang on.
Anyway after insatlling the software and hardware i'm very displeased with the product - The camera struggles to pick up on the computer if the unit it more than 10 metres away - it's very slow with just a black screen on the camera channel. I've tried all 3 wireless channels too and this makes no difference either. as anyone else had problems with wireless camera's and USB DVR's

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back