Use of a Telegan on a non condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anything to be gained in using a FGA on a non condesing boiler.

If there is an advantage what readings would you be looking for I.E

co ppm

co2 %

co/co2 ratio

Reagrds

Sponsored Links
Never hurts to telegan them, it can highlight a problem not obvious to the naked eye.

I dont worry about CO ppm and Co2 % too much unless they appear way out. A nice low ratio is always nice to see.

Had a glowworm hideaway balanced flue. It has been fully striped down by service engineer and cleaned. He got a V high CO reading and bounced it back to office for breakdown visit. I double checked everything, washed heat ex through, checked inner and outer flue, seals etc. Burner pressure and gas rate were spot and flame picture was as good as perfect yet i couldnt get below 400ppm. Replaced burner and got it down below 150ppm and still dropping when i left. Without telegan it wouldnt have been spotted

Never hurts to telegan them, it can highlight a problem not obvious to the naked eye.

I dont worry about CO ppm and Co2 % too much unless they appear way out. A nice low ratio is always nice to see.

Had a glowworm hideaway balanced flue. It has been fully striped down by service engineer and cleaned. He got a V high CO reading and bounced it back to office for breakdown visit. I double checked everything, washed heat ex through, checked inner and outer flue, seals etc. Burner pressure and gas rate were spot and flame picture was as good as perfect yet i couldnt get below 400ppm. Replaced burner and got it down below 150ppm and still dropping when i left. Without telegan it wouldnt have been spotted

I understand the OP, what would you have done if your telegan was out of cal. or you didn't have one? The same thing as you already had.

A telegan is a very good tool, but should never be used to a BG standard service and go on to their 13th radical by 11am!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back