Utility and Cloakroom Combination

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a room that i am planning to use for both a downstairs toilet and basin on one side of the room and washing machine and dryer on the other. It would be ideal to split this but the space is prohibitive.

Can you think of any downsides to doing this and are you aware of any building regulations that will prevent there being electricity for the washer and dryer in the same room as the toilet and basin.

The room is approximately 1900mm by 1700mm.

Sponsored Links
None at all, it only becomes a 'special location' if it contains a shower or bath (or a swimming pool... but I don't think we need to worry about that one :LOL: )

You just have to make sure that electricial accessories are installed in locations that are suitable for them (eg. it wouldn't be appopiate to install anything were it might get splashed)... guidence is that sockets should be at leats 300mm from the edge of sinks

Just to confirm... are you actually in the UK? its just that we normally give foom sizes in feet and inches :confused:

Adam_151 said:
we normally give foom sizes in feet and inches :confused:
hmm, UK is metric!!! meters rather than millimeters are more managable for room sizes (ie 1.9m x 1.7m), but feet and inches should be long gone! having said that i am 6foot 1inch, no idea in metric, lol.

I prefer metres. So does my local DIY shop, so do carpet shops, so does my local kitchen shop. Everything metric now.

My shop even sells milk in litres ;)

Sponsored Links
nah. i do measure in miles for long distances, simply because everything on the road is measured in miles and yards. So it would be pointless to use metric measurements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back