Vailiant wireless room thermostat/programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Vailiant Ecotec 831 with a VRT392RF which I hate. It seems to kill the batteries very quick and can cause the heating to come on when not requested.

Looking to get rid of this and replace with another wireless unit

Can anyone recommend something, and if its a plug-in unit like the vailiant one that would be great. Seen the Salus st620vbc, but hearing mixed reviews about these.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi all

I have a Vailiant Ecotec 831 with a VRT392RF which I hate. It seems to kill the batteries very quick and can cause the heating to come on when not requested.

Can anyone recommend something, and if its a plug-in unit like the vailiant one that would be great. Seen the Salus st620vbc, but hearing mixed reviews about these.

Thanks in advance

How old is your VRT392F? I had a similar problem with my VRC430F which was only a few months old and Vaillant replaced it for free. I haven't had to replace the batteries for 18 months now.

Hi all

Thanks in advance

How old is your VRT392F? I had a similar problem with my VRC430F which was only a few months old and Vaillant replaced it for free. I haven't had to replace the batteries for 18 months now.
Its about 18months old

Had enough of it now, and looking for something more reliable, and not killing 4 brand new batteries ever week or two.

Sponsored Links
4 x Duracell AA
That's good.

I would have been complaining very loudly to Vaillant before now, as there is obviously something wrong with the unit. The batteries in wireless stats should last well over a year - mine last nearly three years (Honeywell stat).

4 x Duracell AA
That's good.

I would have been complaining very loudly to Vaillant before now, as there is obviously something wrong with the unit. The batteries in wireless stats should last well over a year - mine last nearly three years (Honeywell stat).

Just been busy so with many other things, its been last on the list. I did put it down to the distance between sender and receiver, but my house isn't that big.

Is a pain when batteries die, and there's no more left in the battery box

Was thinking of just buying the Honeywell CMT927 or Siemens rev24

I can recommend the 927. Had one for six years and never had any problems. Batteries (Duracell only is advised) seem to last about three years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back