Vaillant 831 new install ignites randomly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new combi boiler installed but have noticed today that it fires up randomly for a minute or two and then stop and hours later does the same thing, even though we did not request it.

Also can someone tell me what the control box is for this boiler, as I need to register the product and where the sticker with serial no.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
your boiler has a hot water preheat which keeps the heat exchanger warm to cut down the time it takes to get hot water, this is why the boiler is randomly lighting, why cant the installer register your boiler ?

Have you looked underneath for serial numbers?

Tony

your boiler has a hot water preheat which keeps the heat exchanger warm to cut down the time it takes to get hot water, this is why the boiler is randomly lighting, why cant the installer register your boiler ?

Thanks for the reply,

So I don't need to worry then :)

The installer just left doing the job and left me to do registration papers after completing his part on it.

Sponsored Links
Might have left the 24v link in. Why Vaillant have change the internal wiring and added this link is beyond me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back