Vaillant combi Boiler with cold rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant Turbomax 824e Combi Boiler, Installed around the end of 2000. The system was professionally installed, I moved in last year.

The house is a three bed semi with three Thermo controlled radiators in the upstairs bedrooms and on uncontrolled (permanently on) in the bathroom. Downstairs there are four thermo controlled radiators, one in each of the rooms and on in the hall.

During last winter I had the Radiator temperature, on the boiler, set at about two thirds of maximum. This was sufficient to keep the entire house lovely and warm.

This year, with the same setting, I could not get any thing like the results I obtained last year. In frustration I have increased the temperature to maximum. I have now managed to get some heat into three of the four upstairs radiators. The fourth is cold as are all of the downstairs ones.

I have bled all of the radiators and all of the thermo valves are fully open. I also tried shutting off the upstairs radiators but this made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas, Please.

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer, but as you have a combi what is the pressure gauge reading?

The pressure gauge is showing 1.5 to 2 bar.

An initial thought of mine was that the pump might not be circulating fast enough i.e. faulty

Maybe pump related, check to see if the trv's are free and not stuck down, sounds like you need an engineer to rectify.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back