Vaillant Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter's vaillant combi boiler is located in a cupboard in her bedroom. It fires up intermittently (and noisily!) for a few minutes several times a night even when there is no demand from water or central heating. Is this correct? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
is there a C in the display panel bottom right corner ?
if so water is set for warm start if the boiler is an ecotec.
if its not post back what boiler it is.

Will check with my daughter tomorrow. Many thanks for your prompt attention to this.

other info that will be useful is which time control is being used. 130 is mechanical 140 is electronic they fit in the front of boiler or is there a blank plate with vaillant written on it?

Sponsored Links
turn the hot water temp control knob fully anti clockwise then, turn it back to its set position, this should disable the reheat ;)

Model is a Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828/2E. Will check the time control and try the other suggestion. Many thanks for advice so far.

then disregard the previous posts as you have the older boiler. the time clock will most likely be the one with a dial clock with buttons round it, the mode select will have off/summer/winter symbols.
don't now enough about these to advise other than the known problems.
the diverter valve is tempermental and the gas valve fails in the heat of summer! don't ask me why, it just doesn't like the warm weather!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back