Vaillant ECOmax 824e - Constant Heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a problem with the boiler detailed above - a Vaillant ECOmax 824e.

A few weeks ago I noticed that the diverter valve seemed to be constantly cycling between hot water and heating (without me requesting either). This seemed odd, but given that I've lived in our house for 3 years, it seemed plausible that the valve had worn out and required replacing.

Following on from this, a week ago I noticed that the radiators were on constantly. I turned the stat down, turned the timer off, AND turned down the hot water setting on the boiler all to no avail.

I've since had a plumber out, who has changed the stat, timer and divertor valve, and still the problem persists.

Any ideas anyone - all suggestions greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Apart from get someone who knows what he is doing, it is hard to say from a distance with these boilers. You need to be in front of it.

When it is cycling, press the 'i' button and see what 'S' codes are being displayed.

has he had the external controls wired out with only internal link in. is it still doin it then?

Hi All,

I've since had a plumber out, who has changed the stat, timer and divertor valve, and still the problem persists.

Any ideas anyone - all suggestions greatly appreciated!

A plumber is generally just that!

A competent boiler engineer is needed to solve problems like these. Someone who understands how boilers work and can diagnose malfunctions.

Since the diverter valve only moves on receipt of a pulse train to the stepper motor actuator, then clearly ( to me ) the valve itself is not the prime culprit!

Tony

Sponsored Links
has he had the external controls wired out with only internal link in. is it still doin it then?

That sounds like a useful thing to check before going to the effort (and potential expense!) of following the other suggestion about getting a certified boiler engineer.

Could you elaborate a little more, so that I can pursue this option first?

Thanks for the quick responses - what a great forum! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back