Vaillant Ecomax 828E combi pressure through the roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just got home to my six day old BRAND NEW Vaillant Ecomax 828 E combi boiler and found the pressure has crept up to the max 3 bars. Turned the heat down and bled the radiators. Stuck the boiler back on and it's still at 2 and a half bar and creeping back to the red.

Anyone have a clue about what's going on? Have tried contacting the engineer who fitted it but it's out of hours and he's not answering.

Probably something simple I know but is explosion imminent? What do I do?!

Sponsored Links
p1939960_l.jpg

has it got one of these under the boiler

Sponsored Links
This boiler has the filling loop built into the boiler.
if you have a filling loop, as in Kevplumb picture your installer has fitted,an additional loop which is not nesseary.
if you look under the boiler on the right hand side, you will see two valves ,one is conected to the pressure relief valve ( red Knob) then follow that flexible hose,there you will find the other valve (black lever ), both these valves a passing make sure both are turned off .
your installer should have shown you, when handing over :oops:

Thanks for your help guys. Disconnected the pipe as Kev suggested then checked the red knob and black lever. The red knob was loose/wobbly but seemed like the valve underneath was closed. The black lever was also firmly closed. Switched the boiler back on and pressure immediately started climbing again so guess it's warranty time already... jeez.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back