Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 - Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my boiler 'Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 (Combination)'. The problem is that when I turn on the hot water tap, I get luke warm water and when it's been turned on for a while i.e. more than ~5-10 minutes, the radiators start getting warm and the tap water starts getting warmer.

I had a friend check out the boiler and he said that it is the diverter valve at fault and told me I had to purchase a new one. The diverter valve is motorised and I have tried looking on the Internet for it and can not find it.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? And does anyone know where I might be able to obtain the diverter valve. I have tried looking everywhere and can only find it for the TurboMax models.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any proper boiler spares merchant will find it for you.

In any case I think its the same valve!

Tony

It certainly looks like the right part.

But Ezypart are not selling the genuine manufacturer's supplied parts although they MIGHT be made by the component manufacturer or it MIGHT be a chinese copy!

Tony

Sponsored Links
hi im sure the ecotec diverters are more compact than the turbomax ones ie, they are not compatible. you will need the diverter specifically for the ecotec.

Could the OP find the part numbeer for the diverter in his service manual?

Can you measure an Ecotec diverter Matthew?

I have only one type in stock which we use regularly on the Turbomax 824.

Tony

Vaillant do not list parts in their installation manual.

DV is 178978 for Ecotec Plus range

DV is 178978 for Ecotec Plus range

The usual one we have to replace is the 252457 for the Turbomax 824.

So it must be a different type. I dont think they can fail very often as we have never replaced one.

Tony

Had this problem last week. Nothing to do with diverter valve.
There is an inline filter fitted to a tee piece on the lefthand side of the boiler.
Good old Vaillant dont show it in their manual.
One filter was cleaned and replaced boiler worked a treat.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses guys.

Gremlin16, are you sure it's the same problem that I'm suffering from. My boiler seems to be leaking hot water to the radiator when the hot tap is on. When the radiator has warmed up sufficiently then I get reasonably hot tap water, otherwise it starts luke warm.

A temporary fix was to turn off water supply to radiator and that seems to temperorily fix the problem i.e. perfectly warm tap water.

Thanks

No directly same problem as yours but it can lead to sediment finding its way to diverter valve

Hi narendra

Check that the motor stem is actually connected to the valve spindle (hook motor stem on valve spindle ball end). Also a faulty PCB could also give these symptoms.

Bunny[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back