Vaillant Ecotec Pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Pro. I needed to drain the rads to paint behind one. Although i still need the hot water. I shut off ch isolation valves, then drained the system.

However, it's now coming up with an F22 'dry fire' warning and no hot water. On investigation I noticed one of the isolation valves wasn't fully closed and I guess this is why? Is the only way to get the hot water on again to fill the System again? And hope I've doneno damage to the pump - is that likely? I hope not :(

Sponsored Links
Its unlikely you have damaged the pump, fill it up and see what you got.

The F22 is generated by looking at the temperature sensors.

Unlikely to have damaged the pump but might have damaged the sensors.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. Refilled it and seems to be ok.

Actually I'll be painting behind all the rads eventually and tiling behind another... Believe me I'm not going to drain the system unless it was essential... Wish there was an easy way to do it...

Don't forget to add a corrosion inhibitor such as Sentinel X100 or Fernox F1 when you refill, the diverters in these don't like mucky systems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back