vaillant error code f75

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - i had a vaillant ecotec 831 installed in august 2012, regularly serviced, and working perfectly so far untill recently when i took 3 radiators off downstairs to wall paper the rooms, done all the decorating put the radiators back on, filled up the system to bar 1.3 , but got a "f75 water shortage at pump" error...so i bled all the radiators, checked pressure , left boiler off from the mains for about 10 minutes..then turned it back on everything worked fine hot water and central heating, today i got that "f75 water shortage at pump" error message again....checked rads for air , checked pressure 1.3 fine...left the boiler off again for a short while and is working again but i can hear a rumbling kind of sound coming from the boiler when its working...is there air trapped in the system ?..do i need to reset the boiler in anyway..any help would be great cheers..

Sponsored Links
Sounds like trapped air. Try putting the boiler into air purge mode. You will find out how to do this in the instructions. (From memory i think it is P0). If this does not work. Call a registered engineer, as it could be a problem which involves removing the case. There is a common fault with the vaillants causing f75 which involves changing a blocked part.

Your boiler may still be under warranty so you should call vaillant first to see if you can get a free engineer visit to fix this problem

Sounds like trapped air. Try putting the boiler into air purge mode. You will find out how to do this in the instructions. (From memory i think it is P0). If this does not work. Call a registered engineer, as it could be a problem which involves removing the case. There is a common fault with the vaillants causing f75 which involves changing a blocked part.

Your boiler may still be under warranty so you should call vaillant first to see if you can get a free engineer visit to fix this problem
hmmm....i can see how to purge the radiators, but cant see anything for the actual boiler unless it does this automaticalyy ?

Test program p0. It is in the manual, have a good read and you will find it. This will start the automatic purge procedure. I hope you can understand that i cannot go into any more detail than this because it is a gas appliance, and therefore can only be worked on by a registered engineer. The only thing you can legally do is to try the purge test program. If you still have no luck then call vaillant. The boiler is still under warranty so they will fix it for free.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks i found the installer menu but its asking for code ?..which i dont know ?..im assuming its an engineers code or something that allows you to get into the test programs so i can legally try the purge test program

F75 coupled with a 'rumbling noise' will be pump shot.

Worn bearings on the pump indicate a boiler fitted to a system without any cleaning!

The installer could be blamed for that!

Tony

All sorted purged the system...Deleted error Codes from Memory.. purring as kitten now...lol, was probably air trapped in the system due to me removinng 3 rads to wallpaper behind.....

All sorted purged the system...Deleted error Codes from Memory.. purring as kitten now...lol, was probably air trapped in the system due to me removinng 3 rads to wallpaper behind.....

I know it's a while now but do you recall having to the loosen the automatic air vent cap when you did the air purge? It says that's what you have to do in the manual but I dont know where it is

Just as well you dont know!

Because its inside the boiler and only a gas registered engineer should be opening up the room sealed boiler!

Tony

Just as well you dont know!

Because its inside the boiler and only a gas registered engineer should be opening up the room sealed boiler!

Tony

What Tony says is correct but what he failed to mention was that the auto air vent cap should be loose anyway so you shouldn't need to access it

I did not mention it because we simply don't know how it has been left.

Many RGIs close them once the boiler has been commissioned because if they system is not disturbed they have no further purpose. They are a potential leakage point and they feel they are eliminating that.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back