Vaillant Experts

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A client has a Sime Planet 4 boiler (storage combi with 60 l vessel). This boiler keeps breaking down and parts are expensive and difficult to source.

I am considering Vaillant Ecoteck 937 as the replacement but see storage vessel is 15l capacity as opposed to 60 in the Sime.

My initial recomendation was Vaillant system boiler and an Megaflow.

Can the Vaillant guys offer their opinion regards above.

The house has four batrooms/ en-suites

Sponsored Links
the 937 isn't designed to do what you require it is designed for a 3 to 4 bedroom(not bathroom) house and 1 bathroom + 1 ensuite

that said everyone that post about these is very impressed with its performance only downside is its size (about the size of a washing machine!!)

the actstor has a 2 minute recovery time and the boiler will produce hot water fast enough for all but the most exceptional demand.

the Megastore takes longer to recover but if its big enough capacity 300litre+ will work equally as well

i prefer the 2nd option as you have an immersion backup and no washing machine screwed to your wall! (but that is personal choice)

Vaillant's Aurastor is another option and that gives you all the same benefits as the megaflow but also gives you the option of adding solar

Look at the glow worm Xtramax HE as another option.

Sponsored Links
I would like to thank Kevindgas and Dangermouse for their input. Strange that we have so many experts but only two with the bottle to stand up and be counted.

Then again it could be only Kevindgas and Dangermouse have fitted or have in depth knowledge of this boiler.

So anyone that hasn't replied has 'no bottle'.

What a strange post.

Although I fit many many Vaillants, the demand for the 937 around here is very low, so this is one Vaillant I have limited experience of.

I personally would prefer a 637 and unvented cylinder any day if the space is available to install it.

DP would you rather people pretended and guessed. What would be the point of that , its exactly the position you are in yourself.

Too many times on this forum you see people replying to boilers or situations they clearly have not got a clue about and it just clouds out the proper answers.

Personally never seen either boiler or how good or bad they are so you would not be getting an answer from me.

Sorry if hit a nerve Simond, I did say lack of posts might be rarity of 937 on the field hence knowledge, sentiment aired by Dave and Namsag.

The regulars have in the past been helpful, reason for seeking second opinion, and I thank you guys for the assistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back