Vaillant Pilot Light Problem - Urgent-cos it's freezing! :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm having trouble getting the pilot light to my Vaillant combi boiler to light. I've attached a link to a picture to let you have a look.

http://www23.brinkster.com/2ndsite/old-boiler.jpg

The last time i had the boiler repaired, it was left like this - with no panel on the front. My neighbours have a similar boiler (but not the same) they still have the panel in tact, and they also have two buttons in the centre of the boiler to switch the pilot light on and off, and a small button that when turned will ignight the pilot light.

The green arrows indicate a threaded area where it looks like something was originally screwed in. The red arrow points to a black button with a small red light to the left, I'm not sure what this button does. The purple arrow points to a dial which is stuck solid.

Can anyone give me some advice on getting the pilot light back on, the boiler works when switched on, but obviously there is no heating or hot water.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if you can see this from the picture, but both dials on the bottom-right are at zero.

i should be carefull if i were you, there must be indians living in your boiler, who else fired the arrows?

on a serious note, could you take a better /closer picture of the "dials"

Sponsored Links
The dial on the left was set to 0. I went online and found out about the 'filling loop'. I turned it and now the dial has gone up to 1.5 bar. The second dial 'temperature' is still at zero.

The pilot still won't fire up, even though i read online that the pilot light will not fire up unless the pressure is at 1 - 1.5 bar. There's something I'm missing and I don't know what?

i am not a plumber or heating engineer. are you saying the pilot is not lit at all? there is usually a button you have to press and hold (30 seconds) , while you press a another button (ignition button) to get the pilot to light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back