Vaillant turbomax 242 pressure question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just a quick (and hopefully simple) question - we don't have any problems with the boiler!

The pressure gauge of our Vaillant turbomax 242 reads at 1.0 bar as it is supposed to. When any hot water is called for the pressure drops to about 0.7 bar, and then flips straight back to 1.0 when the tap is turned off.

I always thought the pressure was that of the central heating system. How does calling for water affect this?

Sponsored Links
when the pump is running (such as when running hot wter) the pressure gauge may fluctuate which is normal. (negative pressure created as gauge is just prior to pump)

Does this still happen if the power is turned off to the boiler?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Follow up:

I switched the power off to the boiler and opened a hot tap - the pressure did NOT drop.

So it only happens when the boiler is on, so I guess this links to the pump running as dangermouse mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back