Vaillant Turbomax 824e clock problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is working perfectly well except the clock has ceased to function. It is the basic analogue clock. The motor mechanism to turn the clock is functioning and the microswitch in the clock is operating when it reaches the appropriate point on the clock. It is on all the time. Is the problem likely to be the clock or the PCB. There are no reported errors on the board log except F64 from some time back when re-positioning the sensor connections on the NTC's appeared to cure. Anyone any ideas?

Malcolm

Sponsored Links
Whilst the microswitch may be switching on, what happens when it reaches the switch off point ???

I assume that there is no chance that you have wrongly connected it?

Tony

No, not really Tony. The clock just plugs into the front of the boiler, like changing a light bulb. The microswitch is disengaging as I disassembled the mechanical part of the clock and removed the part that actuates the microswitch to make sure. However, it might be the on position that switches off the boiler as it is on anyway with the clock removed. (The basic boiler option)
Thanks anyway
Malcolm

If its a plug in clock then removing it will just By-pass it and prove your thoery.

Sponsored Links
Quite. However, the fact that the microswitch is engaging doesn't tell me if any output is leaving the attached circuit board within the clock. I think I will upgrade the clock unit anyway to a digital version. If that doesn't work, the fault is almost certainly with the main PCB board.
I just wondered if any heating engineers out there recognised which was the more common breakdown with the Vaillant turbomax with these symptoms. Clock or PCB.
Thanks anyway for your input
malcolm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back