Vaillant Turbomax Boiler

Vi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler was working thismorning but when returned from work I could not get any hot water. There was no light on the boiler or code and no light on the central heating room thermostat. I have checked the fuse at the spur/socket supplying the boiler but it is a 3 amp fuse and okay. Can anyone help. I cannot get someone out till Tuesday - no heating or hot water?

Sponsored Links
Probably blown the fuse on the PCB. There may be a spare which can be used. If it has blown, as well as replacing it, you need to think why. Possible faulty component on the boiler such as the fan or pump. Also check that there is no leak in the boiler which may have caused a short.

How do I get into the PCB and where would the fuse by? The boiler is not yet a year old.

should have said it is a vaillant turbomax combi boiler

Sponsored Links
If its still under a year old then the boiler is still in its warranty. I'd leave it to a CORGI engineer to sort to keep the T&C's of your guarantee.

However, if the fuse on the PCB has blown its more than likely to be F1. This is located on the bottom right of the PCB near to where the main Live, Neutral, and Earth are connected.

I am a little hazy with all these vaillant names but my best guess is the 824/828 models but they are NOT condensing!!! Since April 2005 all boilers should normally be condensing.

If its only a year old than its covered by their guarantee which is probably for two years subject to having it serviced at the end of the first year.

If what you say is correct then call Vaillant service.

Tony

Youre right Agile. This model isnt a condensing combi(Turbomax Pro)

Vi- why didnt the installer fit a condensing model or is this boiler more than a year old????

It is a Vaillant 828 Turbomax Plus. We were told this was the "bees knees" in boilers. Have we been told wrong? Is this not a condensing boiler?
Will probably take the advice and leave it to the experts. Someone is coming on Tuesday.

Have been doing some research. Am I right in thinking that it is only in England condensing boilers are now a requirement? I am in Scotland.

Who's coming Tuesday, Vaillant? If so I would have expected them tomorrow :eek:

If not Vaillant or original installer, why are you paying a third party?

If you didn't get an energy efficiency exemption certificate then you have the wrong boiler. Fine is £5000 + £50/day until boiler is changed :eek:

Should have had an Ecomax 828 or Ecotec Plus 831 to comply.

Dave
Vaillant is coming Tuesday. Phoned Friday afternoon. Had tried to contact my installer but he is on holiday. I live in Scotland. Are the regulations different in scotland regarding condensing boilers?

Vi, I dont think this energy efficiency mularky applys to Bonnie Scotland as yet, just England and Wales.

Like Dave I am surprised you did'nt get a next day service from Vaillant, though they may be indipendents servicing up there and ther all busy with all the other vaillant failures ;)

Que Dave :LOL: :LOL:

If they're independents WB are probably paying more so they are too busy to get to the very rare Vaillant gone wrong :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though thats disgusting service that I wouldn't put up with for my customers. I would be straight on the 'phone to my sales manager telling him he better sort out a sooner appointment or me and vaillant will be parting company. It always works.

Thats the trouble with their service that now that Vaillant have handed it over to the Glow Worm Numpties :eek: Crap boilers with crap service back up.

I'm lucky that in that I can pick & choose a Vaillant engineer for the very rare occurrence of one of my Vaillants going down. Out of 4 that cover my area 2 are totally banned from attending any of my customers, officially ;) They are the Glow Worm group service ars**les.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back