Vaillant Turbomax - too much pressure - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824E and today I noticed the pressure needle had gone round to over 2! :eek: I know how to increase the pressure, using the key, but can anyone please tell me how to reduce it to optimum levels, as it should be? So grateful for any advice/help.

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00146.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Drain some water off out of a radiator until pressure is at 1 bar and make sure you have turned off the filling valve. :D

Thanks, Bahco! And congrats on your success against the Filthy Weed. Hard work, but worth it. I've been there too. :D

Once you got the pressure down, keep an eye on it in case it rises again.

Sponsored Links
Done.

Thanks chaps. twgas, I wll. It was just by chance I glanced at it. Don't know how long it had been filling up. Have tightened the key underneath. I just hope nothing has "gone" inside. I can't afford a Gas Man right now, what with recent new clutch and service for my 16 year old Micra, and just paid tv licence! Skint - what's a word for skinter than skint? :rolleyes:

what's a word for skinter than skint

big posh house, 2 4x4s in the drive (both nearly new) latest everything there is and then they will stand and argue over £8 on the bill for the congestion charge, I am sure there is more than one word for them ;)

Salt of the Earth, you people in here. Thanks and bless all of you.
xxx

DOuble check that BOTH the filling loop valves underneath are shut. they often "let by". They get tight with age too.

Now you've got me. I didn't know there were two. Where will I find the other one? This boiler is nine years old.

big posh house, 2 4x4s in the drive (both nearly new) latest everything there is and then they will stand and argue over £8 on the bill for the congestion charge, I am sure there is more than one word for them ;)

That reminds me of the people who phoned and when I told them that parking charges would be extra they replied that they expected plumbers to just arrive at their door and what they do for parking is up to them.

I did not do any repair for them!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back