Vaillant vcw 242 e no CH

Sponsored Links
That makes sense of when I lose power to PCB board using red button any latching relays or timers drop out and boiler starts o.k.!!Is it the top PCB with the couple of relays on it do you remember

Sponsored Links
Please mate don't touch divertor total waste of time they never fail , if look on pcb just to the lhs of the wiring block u will c a 2 pin plug if it's on 2 put it on 1 an try again, it does sound like a time delay fault post ur reply

Just got in after morning Playing with boiler bunnyman you were right diverter valve was a waste of time!!only read your post 2 minutes ago though doh!!Which board? there are 3 I think had them out today to check any loose connection dry joints etc.And when you say connector on 2 is this a number on the board/connector and there is another empty connector beside it or is it a dip switch? My board has a brass stem on the thermostat dial if this helps.Looked at some pics on web of card think I know what I am looking at now .What will moving this plug do remedy the fault or just take the delay out all together ?

Was the plug white and it connects in a triangular formation?It was in II then connected to I.The boiler fired up ok when thermstat turned off boiler the pump just ran on let it run for about 3 minutes then switched off on controller.Switched back on and the pump just ran and the boiler never fired up.Hope this is what you were expecting Bunnyman!! I wait for the next move with baited breath!!!!!Thanks Paul.

Quick question are the PCB boards common throughout all 5 of the Combicompact VCW Range?Or in particular the one it looks like I need ?Cheers Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back