Vaillant VCW 242e Domestic Hot Water problem

Sponsored Links
Don't start fighting guys !!! :rolleyes:

I am not sure what to do now, British Gas engineers do not give me much enthusiasm, however, i am paying them an annual fee to keep my boiler working. Or, should I bite the bullet and get a decent boiler engineer in to take a look.

I don't know plumbing at all, electrics Ok, but not plumbing, that is why I took a look at the microswitch and wondered if it was that which way playing up as the boiler fired when I pressed the switch a little more.

but the mention of limescale on the servo pin suggests that it's also on the water section pin and is impeding performance you stupid monkeyhanger!!

rwalters, if you're on a bg contract get them back out, they obviously haven't fixed the problem. Try mentioning the limescale on the watersection and stuffing box thing but do it discreetly (engineers don't like being told how to do things) perhaps carve it on a chocolate biscuit

Sponsored Links
sorry kev,
had a ****ty morning losing half a days werk trying to get my self assessment in under the wire whilst constantly hitting redial on my phone to try and get concert tickets that were selling out double quick.

i'm still right about this vaillant though
action-smiley-035.gif
oh yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back