Vaillant VCW 282 Fault - Help / Advice required please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant VCW 282
A recent problem with this boiler is the flame not modulating to full both in CH and DHW modes, which is causing the radiators to warm up slowly and the DHW to not get hot enough.

The hydraulic control system is seemingly working fine, the Differential Valve opens the Gas Valve as it should and the Gas Operator is letting gas through to the Burner.

When I disconnect the banjo coupling to the Gas Operator and manually blow into it, the flame will then modulate to full, which indicates that the Gas Operator is working fine and the fault is with the pneumatic flame control system.

I have replaced the Restrictor on the Gas Operator; the Diaphragm Pump; the Flame Supervision PCB and the Temperature Control PCB. All of the pipes have been blown through and the Gas Operator was replaced 3 years ago, with the burner pressure having been correctly set.

When I replaced the Diaphragm Pump, I reused the two white plastic elbows and noticed that both have identical splits in the ends that push onto the pump. With these splits being identical, I assumed that they are manufactured this way, is this correct, or could these splits be causing the problem?

+++++++++++++++++
Moderator's note

This forum does not support DIY gas work.
++++++++++++++

Note. After marking the starting point, I have tried turning the right hand adjuster clockwise on the Gas Operator, to see if the flame increases and it doesn’t alter at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
This constitutes gas work, you shouldnt be tampering with that, it is against site rules to reply to your post for very good reasons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back