Vaillant VCW GB 242 E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got electronic versions of user and/or servicing manuals for the Vaillant VCW GB 242E combi boiler.

I have hot water but no heating (picked a super time to decide not to deliver any heating with 12 inches of snow on the ground!!) and want to see if there is anything I can do to check it out.

Obviously, I'll supply my e-mail address to anyone who can help.

Thanks

Gerry

Sponsored Links
I expect you have checked the programmer and room thermostat are calling for heat, if so the diverter valve is what you need to check to make sure it is changing from hot water to heating.

I saw one a few days ago and it had same problem,I found the return valve shut off :eek:
someone had topped up and shut both valves(screw slotted type) and hence no heating , the poor fellow was overjoyed as i had told him before looking that it might be the end for this old boiler :evil: .

Probably the punger sticking and keeping it in hot water mode

Sponsored Links

Ah I dunno the little plunger thing that the diverter pin pushes against with the adjuster on the top...it's not called a plunger either but I know what I mean.

Had to get the Vaillant guys in. They changed the fan/motor and it now works. Goodbye £275.

Still interested in the elctronic manuals if anyone has them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back