Vaillant VCW thermostat question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
I have finally got around to putting a thermostat on my system, a wireless Honeywell onto a Vaillant VCW 242.
I have just wired the actuator into the boiler using the same connections as the old Honeywell timer went into. The manual I have for the boiler shows connecting a Vaillant thermostat in to slightly different connections. Should I have wired the actuator into these???
Thanks!
Phil

Sponsored Links
:D
Thanks, yes, that does work fine. I just wasn't sure if it should have been through 4 and 5!
The manual I have for the boiler shows a connection from 3 to a Randall time switch and connections from the Vaillant thermostat to 4 and 5! Mind you, the Vaillant thermostat is also connected to the time switch and I couldn't see how that all tied in to a Honeywell wireless??
Don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago.
Cheers!
Phil

Sponsored Links
Hi

L & N to Honeywell

T3 on boiler to A on Honeywell
T4 on boiler to B on Honeywell

T5 is a Neutral that can be used rather than cramming two wires in the N terminal. If you wire across 4 to 5 it goes BANG :eek:

This is the same for ALL Vaillant combination boilers ever made.

An alternative I use is to supply the Honeywell receiver L from T3, link the other L to A, return from B to T4 on the boiler, N goes to T5. That way you only require three cores. External controls are killed when the main switch on the boiler is off.

Cheers Bunny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back