Vailliant EcoTech Plus - water ok, not CH.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My EcoTech plus 834 boiler seems to have packed up the heating, showing the Summer Active Mode, showing code 5.0 and 5.3.1, although I have hot water.

Can someone tell me how to switch it back to normal winter Active Mode, and i have magnaclean fitted after the whole system had a powerflush.

Would really help. :cry:

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Whats to the right hand side of the display?

Is the rad knob turned up?

Are external controls like a room stat or time clock or programmable stat all calling for heat?

If you want to be technical whats between terminals 3 and 4 ?

Tony

Are external controls like a room stat or time clock or programmable stat all calling for heat?

Tony

Thanks Tony for your quick response.

Right hand side display shows 5.0
Rad knobs all turned up
All external controls calling for heat
Dont understand the technical term of terminals 3 and 4, if you can try to explain?

Regards.
Suzie05

Sponsored Links

Tony

Thanks Tony for your quick response.

Right hand side display shows 5.0
Rad knobs all turned up
All external controls calling for heat
Dont understand the technical term of terminals 3 and 4, if you can try to explain?

Regards.
Suzie05

Today : 13/03/10...
Tony, further to my earlier note, I wanted to give an update... Today the heating worked after I put the water temp on high and lowered the CH temp, it worked for a long long time.

Tried again this evening, unfortunately didnt start at all... Now error is showing S.97 (water pressure sensor check is runningt, demand (DHW or heating is blocked), and then after it shows S.7 (pump over run)... Hope this helps.

Thanks
Suzie05

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back