Vailllant VCW242 EH - hot water luke warm NOT hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant VCW242 EH boiler that I does not heat the water high enough. The heating works fine, but the hot water takes a long time to run and is just luke warm when it arrives.

The burner responds when a tap opens.
The water section is open full and not seized.
The pressure remains at 1 bar.
The mains pressure to the boiler is good.

Any ideas ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Water to water heat exchanger scaled up and not transfering heat properly, you probably still have the original black plastic one this has been changed to more modern plate type

How much water runs from hot tap in a minute? Should be 9.5 liters.

The heat exchanger is the the new modern plate type and water flowing at just under 9L minute.

The problem occured when a kitchen fitter put a new tap on and adjusted the DHW temp dial for some reason, the DHW was fine before that.

Sponsored Links
I have found that when you turn the hot tap on full and then back by half after 10 seconds the water heat increases however if I reduce the mains pressure to the boiler the burner does not light with lower pressure. Is this a flow problem or could it be a DHW mirco switch problem ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back