Valiant eco tec24 Pro boiler problem with the condensate??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I recently bought a re posed property with an Eco tec24 Pro boiler fitted. When I tried to fill the boiler and heating system I found to my dismay that the condensate was dumping water at an alarming rate and the boiler would not hold its pressure. This boiler is less than 1 year old but I do not have any reciepts etc. Can anyone please, please give me any suggestions as to why this would happen. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the heat exchanger is leaking.

May be frost damage or sabotage.

From the serial number it may still be under the warrantee. Call them and see if you can get them to come under the warrantee.

Might be a chargeable call if sabotage. Possibly if frost damage too as should have been left powered to protect itself.

Are you a mean landlord wanting to get it fixed for free?

Tony

If the boiler really is less than a year old I would have thought anybody in their right mind would EXPECT it to be repaired for free if it hasn't been sabotaged, dry run or subjected to freezing.

It sounds as if the heat exchanger is leaking.

May be frost damage or sabotage.

From the serial number it may still be under the warrantee. Call them and see if you can get them to come under the warrantee.

Might be a chargeable call if sabotage. Possibly if frost damage too as should have been left powered to protect itself.

Tony

I am not a mean landlord just careful when it comes to fixing things that may not be broken (honest) Your advice is greatly appreciated and I will try and contact the manufacturer to see if I can get hold of the warrantee and pass on your experience and knowledge. Once again thankyou (From a mean, careful landlord)

Sponsored Links
If the boiler really is less than a year old I would have thought anybody in their right mind would EXPECT it to be repaired for free if it hasn't been sabotaged, dry run or subjected to freezing.
As I stated in the original question I recently aquired the property and boiler and have no paperwork to substantiate the exact age and time of fitting etc, other than hearsay and second hand information. although I intend to contact the manufacturer and attempt to get it changed or repaired under the possible guarantee. But thankyou for your advice and Iunderstanding. Thankyou

Serial number will give them a pretty good indication of age. The bad news is that vailant is about the worst brand when it comes to aftersales service; be prepared for very long times on hold.

you can work out the age of the boiler yourself. You will find the 26 digit serial number on the bottom of the boiler. It will start something like ..210934XXXXXX......the 3rd and 4th digit is the year, the 5th and 6th the week. so my example would have been manufactured week 34 of 2009.
Majority of boilers are installed within a few months of manufacturer and claims of anymore than 6 months would raise suspicions!
definately a failed main heat exchanger, very rare fault, only had it twice and one of them was an illegal and very poor installation.

Rob, please post to let us know how you get on and what Vaillant do to deal with the problem.

This boiler should have at least a two year warrantee although strictly you have to have it serviced before the end of the second year. They dont always insist on that.

Its a very unusual fault though. I have only been to about four leaking heat exchangers on modern boilers.

Tony

We are told on here that all boilers sold must now be covered by an EU requirement to have a two year warrantee.

Biasi boilers now all have the two year warrantee.

Tony

We are told on here that all boilers sold must now be covered by an EU requirement to have a two year warrantee.

Biasi boilers now all have the two year warrantee.

Tony

its advertised as a 1 year warranty. I don't think the manufacturer is bothered about the eu law, whether they should be or not is another debate.

I was told that we have not signed up to that one anymore than we have to the Lisbon treaty.

This may be true, or may be not, it is another example of vailant's poor customer service. Virtually all other have at least 2 years, and quite a few models come with 5 year parts and labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back