valliant boiler Echo TEC plus 937 error codes F81, 91

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My echo tec plus 937 boiler is showing F81, F91 error codes and I have no hot water (central heating working). I have reset it several times and switched it off and back on again which has not helped. I had my boiler replaced two and a half years ago because of these faults (under warranty) because of technical problems (same faults). Does anyone know if these technical problems are on going as I thought they had been resolved?
Valliant are being less than helpful as its a weekend! I had it serviced by valliant 10 days ago and all was well.I need hot water !!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Needs the uprated shunt pcb Vaillant know about this an problem is sorted on all the new ones
try turning hot water knob to zero then up again this will turn warmstart off an sometimes brings it on again

upgraded shunt pump is available now as well.
the 937 IS a P.I.T.A.

75% of ones i've had has been the shunt pump, got it down to a fine art now.

Sponsored Links
Can you change that pump without 200mm of space on the right hand side?

Yes Agile, no access from the side is needed it is changed from underneath - the side panels are not removeable

Glad ours hasn't failed....YET. It'll be 3 years old next month. When did the new upgraded part come out?

Where does it mention a blending valve in the instructions.

The boiler has a 14 l/min flow restrictor, how can it give a flow rate of 19 l/min? Do not know where in the MIs it says it.... but as I work for Group Service, I know what is needed on this ;)

The boiler has a 14 l/min flow restrictor, how can it give a flow rate of 19 l/min? Do not know where in the MIs it says it.... but as I work for Group Service, I know what is needed on this ;)

You make an interesting point and it is something which I have looked into, however all the basins in our house are restricted flow to prevent splashing and the shower is just a traditional mixer, the hot water on it's own gives 12.7 litres/minute (been told it's not going to be exactly 14 l/min due to resistance, tap flexis etc) but when mixed with the cold the flow rate is much higher and the shower is great. Incoming mains is 31 litres/minute too.

You make an interesting point and it is something which I have looked into, however all the basins in our house are restricted flow to prevent splashing and the shower is just a traditional mixer, the hot water on it's own gives 12.7 litres/minute (been told it's not going to be exactly 14 l/min due to resistance, tap flexis etc) but when mixed with the cold the flow rate is much higher and the shower is great. Incoming mains is 31 litres/minute too.

Hi David long time no speak, hope your well and glad your boiler is still ok. When it fails will happily help show you how to change the pump within 1 hr. ;)

Hi David long time no speak, hope your well and glad your boiler is still ok. When it fails will happily help show you how to change the pump within 1 hr. ;)

Hi, I do tend to lurk around but don't post much. Hope you're well too mate. I see you have a lot of confidence is the pump not failing :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back