Valliant vcw GB 242 EH , help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Original problem for which I received valuable advice, (Many thanks) was fluctuation in the pressure and CH not firing after even 25 attempts after an idling (cooling) period of about 5 mts. Following the advice I pressurised the CH expansion vessel to 13 lbs (.9 bar) and bled the boiler and the system. There was no water from the air valve of the expansion vessel. This procedure was done twice. NOW Pressure stays OK.

when CH switched on fires OK, but still it make take up to 3 attempts for the flame to catch on, after the idling (cooling)periods but generally catch on. Occasionally the flame may not catch on whilst on CH and lock out jumps out.

If hot water is drawn when the CH is on the flame cuts off and lock out switch jumps out.

Please advice ! What should be done to rectify this. Should I pressurise the HW expansion vessel ? (not touched so far) if so to what pressure ?
Is it the divert er valve playing up ?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
It would seem to be a combustion related problem and we cannot give DIY advice on gas or safety issues.

Its probably a relatively minor problem which any boiler engineer will quickly solve.

As always I would ask you when it was last serviced? Regular servicing usually prevents this kind of thing.

If you dont mind waiting you may be able to get it sorted out as a routine service ( cheaper ) rather than a repair but do tell the engineer what you propose before he comes out.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back