Valspar White Emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We had our house refurbished and redecorated a few months ago but unfortunately our builders didn't quite finish all of the touching up.

The ceilings in particular need some dabs of white emulsion but I can't seem to get in touch with the contractors and so I don't know exactly what emulsion they used.

I'm pretty sure it's Valspar (as everything else in the house was painted with Valspar) but I've tried a drop of standard white (not brilliant white) Valspar emulsion and it's too bright as was a brilliant white emulsion from another brand. I have a photo of the difference which you may be able to see in the attachment.

Does anyone have any idea what the dull white Valspar emulsion might be? I really don't want to have to repaint the ceiling again. Could it be the Valspar contract matt?

Attachments

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 263
Sponsored Links
rajan2004, good evening.

Having some difficulty with the posted image? is the area of concern on the edge of the ceiling?

What does occur is that any re-touching tends to "flash" and come up as an apparently different colour, even when the correct paint is applied.

Over time the applied paint starts to fad, it changes its structure and appearance depending on the environment, humidity, pollutants, Etc. result is any "new out of the tin" applied paint will appear a different colour.

Only thing to do is to re-coat the entire ceiling, sorry about that.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back