vectra 2.2 petrol auto jerky at low revs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I own a 2.2 petrol auto vectra 2001 and recently started to have trouble at low revs ie to maintain 30mph is very jerky. Engine management light does come on occassionally but can go out with fault still present. Fault has also cleared itself but has recently retuned no management light is on. When I first started to get this problem it was diagnosed the EGR valve which has been replaced with new and fault is still present although management light is not on. When the car is at its most jerkyness!!! poor idling is also present.
Can anyone help before I splash out on new parts especially after EGR was just short of £170.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you tried new spark plugs and leads ?

You need diagnostic equipment to erase fault codes, but, you can get a readout of faults via the MIL light (flash codes) if your diagnostic plug has a terminal at No.6, by bridging it with a length of wire to earth.

;)

Plugs have all been changed recently, how do I refer the fault to the light sequence? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have the leads been renewed ? A lead that is breaking down may look o.k. but will give you intermittent misfire especially more noticeable at low revs.

Have you got a terminal at No.6 on the diagnostic plug ?

I think you should try the leads first and get it running o.k.

The codes are four digit numbers.
1) ensure ignition is off
2) bridge the terminal then switch ignition on
3) codes will be displayed in groups of flashes
4) count and note the number of flashes in each group
5) each code consists of four groups of 1 to 10 flashes
6) the first group indicates the "thousands" of the code
7) the second the "hundreds"
:cool: the third the "tens"
9) the fourth the "units"
10) ten flashes in a group indicates "0" (zero)
11) a short pause separates each trouble code group
12) a long pause separates each trouble code.

Post the code numbers and I will tell you what they mean

;)

Thanks for all your help just had car diagnosed no faults found history reset, trottle body cleaned out car is now running like a dream, fingers crossed.

Back