Vectra Airbag System Control Indicator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I seem to have a problem with my S reg Vectra 2.0 16v

Yesterday while my partner was driving it the Airbag System Control Indicator on the dashboard came on and would not go out :confused: in addition to this the rev counter drops when accelerator pressed :S and the same with the petrol gague? :S dunno if these are all linked to dashboard light ? as punching it in google brings up allsorts ov posabilties most of them to do with seat belt tensioners or something :confused: ....

Any advice would be great as im afraid to drive it in case i bugger anything else up hehe

thanks
Turkey75[/b]

Sponsored Links
the airbag light would probably be linked to the pre tensioners, check the connections under the front seats, they tend to get kicked about by children or people sitting in the back
it could also be linked to the gauges, bad earth or shorting out somewhere, trouble is it could be very difficult to find without a wiring diagram

Yea im gunna have a look tommorrow i rekon ive got to take the seats out somehow to be able to get to them

Sponsored Links
As other things are happening as well, I would suggest it would be something common to them all causing the fault. i.e. ignition switch, or bad earth point.

Back