Venturi shower plumbing query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having done much research, and soaking over in the electrics forum about the dodgy install of our current electric shower, I am opting to replace it with either a mixer (with or without pump) or a venturi.

The venturi appeals to me the most as I have a limited time scale to get the bathroom back together, and running the extra pipes for a mixer plus the electrics for a pump will be very tricky due to limited access.

I *may* run some pipes just in case I change my mind (so I don't have to rip the floor up again).

As it stands we have mains cold water everywhere. The only thing the cold water tank currently feeds is the boiler.

Our central heating is open vented.

There is 40cm between shower head and ceiling. Probably the same between ceiling and BASE of cold water tank and another to the water fill level in the tank. So I am guessing the head is ~1-1.5m giving a pressure of 0.1-0.15 bar.

The hot water tank is situated behind the wall in the OPPOSITE corner of the bathroom to the shower. The bathroom is 2×2.4m.

Where the shower end of the bath is I have a 22mm hot water pipe and a 15mm cold water pipe.

I'm hoping these are sufficient for the venturi. As you can see from the picture, they have previously had 15mm spurs which have been capped.

20160203_004052.jpg

I plan to supply the bath from here as well, and if suitable I will chop the pipes back beneath the current capped spurs before fitting check valves and tees etc...

Lastly. Apart from Ideal Standard (Trevi Boost) and Newstream (Jetstream), are there any other manufacturers of Venturi showers now H2O and Croydex have discontinued theirs?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As far as I know the Croydex one is discontinued. The Trivi Boost, while expensive, is a good shout.

Just ensure your installation meets all their specs.

This Artisan....Hmmmm!! Did this on a standard vented cylinder;

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back