Veritas 8C keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my internal keypad numbers 4567890 have stopped working and i cant set or reset, has anyone replaced an internal keypad and if so how?

Sponsored Links
the Veritas 8C is a panel with an integrated keypad, you can replace the membrane and the keymat easily enough (DCA-0015), however replacing the whole pcb means the unit will need reprogramming from scratch.

i have ordered the membrane and keymat from you vie ebay and im trying to work out how i go about replacing the old with the new when i cant input the code as i previously stated the current key pad numbers required are not working. Given that i can remove the remove the unit cover and live with the subsequent tamper alarm going, is it simply a case of unplugging the faulty keypad ribbon connector and plugging in the new ribbon connection and then inputing the code to disable the tamper alarm? I hope this makes sense and would appreciate any guidance possible.

It's in the post 1st class.

If you can't hard press the buttons and get it to respond and no other keypads on system then you will have to wait until open unplugg old ribbon and put new ribbon in.

If the buttons are hard plastic, then you will need to trim off the three rubber legs.

If it's rubber then it's a case of swapping out.

It's relatively easy if youre prepared

Sponsored Links
WORKED a treat....Secure I Am, thanks for the keypad. i just had to trim the 3 rubber legs and remove the hard plastic base from original keypad and fit to new keypad and then insert ribbon connector and input code. a bit nervy as tamper was going! and if it didn't work i don't know what i would have done next? However it did and phew, i can set and unset no worries. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back